Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Child Care

I have spent the last 4 hours searching for child care. I should mention that 3 of those 4 hours I spent reading ads on two different sites and clicking on profiles only to find out that I have to pay almost $100.00 to have access to the person's email address (and for only 30 days). Then I looked at different nanny agencies in Columbus, Ohio. Ha! One place wants a $500.00 application fee AND also charges $1000.00 after you sign a nanny. Dude, I just need someone who is kind and gentle to watch my kids 20 hours a week. No cooking (except maybe pouring milk into a bowel of cereal or buttering toast), no cleaning, no running errands, easy-breezy stuff. Why the hell does this have to be so freaking hard? And what the hell do people with even less money than us do for childcare?

ARRGG!!! I need to work to make money for childcare but I can't work because I have no childcare. Sigh. I know this will work its self out sooner or later...I'm hoping for sooner.

No comments: