Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The First Day of the Last Year of My Twenties

My friend Kristen had the great idea to set 29 goals to accomplish before her 30th birthday. Today is her half-birthday and she posted a midyear progress report.

Today also happens to be my 29th birthday. Here's my list:
  1. Attend the DONA International Birth Doula Trainer Workshop in New Mexico.
  2. Complete the DONA International Birth Doula Trainer program.
  3. Read The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers, and The Return of the King.
  4. Blog at least once a week, and maybe even more than that.
  5. Write a table of contents, outline and write at least 2 chapters of the book Kim and I want to write and publish. (It will be a book about childbirth from the perspective of a Labor & Delivery Nurse and a Birth Doula)
  6. Cook a new dinner once a month.
  7. Buy a new Jeep Wrangler...and pay cash for it.
  8. Find a Christian church that meets all three of my requirements: 1. GLBT friendly, 2. Great music, 3. Kid friendly.
  9. Strengthen my relationships with ALL of my parents.
  10. Go backpacking at least 4 times.
  11. Finish the sweater I am knitting.
  12. Take my kids to the zoo, COSI, library, etc. more often.
  13. Teach the Breastfeeding Preparation Class at RMH (I'll be the first non-IBCLC to teach the class).
  14. Start and finish the Couch to 5k program (bad knees and all).
  15. Convince the doctors at Kingsdale to not ban all doulas.
  16. Teach Lydia how to knit.
  17. No more fast food.
  18. Listen to more of Jim's music.
  19. Teach an Evidence-Based Care for Nurses class.
  20. Help new doulas become experienced doulas.
  21. Read the Harry Potter series to my kids.
  22. Strengthen my relationship with both Becky and Lexie.
  23. Beat the new Zelda Wii game (hopefully it will be out before I'm 30!).
  24. Catch a fish.
  25. Provide more learning opportunities for my kids.
  26. Take more pictures.
  27. Make my bed in the mornings.
  28. Play more board games with my kids.
  29. Truly forgive those who have hurt me.
I can do all these things, right? Right?! :D

1 comment:

Sarah said...

#27 is hilarious. I'll never learn to do that, not even when I'm 83.